No one likes to be caught unaware or unprepared, especially period wise.
Knowing the signs your body displays when your period is about to start can mean the difference between ending the school/work day with confidence or with your sweater/jacket tied around your waist.
Read through the list below and think of your own pre-menstrual symptoms. Knowing your cycle AND the signs your body gives – obvious as well as subtle – is period wise.
- food cravings
- increased appetite
- constipation or diarrhea
- light crampiness
- easily irritated
- hyper sensitive (to light, sound, smell, touch, etc)
- breasts swollen, painful
- general achiness
- worsening of allergies or asthma
- tooth pain
- puffy face
- dark circles under your eyes
- hot flashes
- changes in vision
- increase in type and color of vaginal discharge
- increased urination
- lower back pain
- prominent/visible blood veins
- changes in cervix (lowers, feels larger, relaxes and opens)
By paying attention to the signs, you can learn to accurately predict the arrival of your period to within hours of her start.
What would you add to the list above?