2013 was a constant companion these past 365 days but at midnight tomorrow, 2013 slips away and I’ll see it only in my memories and in the blog posts I wrote.
2013 continued the changes that 2012 brought, but it also stretched and grew me in ways I’d not imagined or planned on: spiritually, physically, mentally, and emotionally.
In some ways, I grew stronger. Muscles rippled as I threw myself into yard work and gardening. Health improved as I ate better (and less). I became a lean, mean, working machine.
In other ways, I grew weaker. I fretted and stressed over things I had no control over. And, I allowed things to discourage me and keep me from accomplishing my goals.
As I stand with 2013 at my back and 2014 facing me, I look at who I was this past year…who I am at this moment…and who I want to be this time next year.
It’s time to let go of the past and let my next step take me into the future, with each step thereafter leading me closer to the me I want to be.
Do I have it all figured out yet? No. But, I do know this:
- I need to hang on to the things that push me forward toward the fulfillment of my dreams and lean all the harder into them.
- And, I need to turn loose of all that sidelines me, distracts me, or drives me in a direction other than that which leads to the fruition of my goals.
- I must be single-minded in my pursuit of making my dreams a reality.
What about you? It’s time to let go of the past. And, it’s time to embrace the new.
How does this apply to you period wise?
- Are there attitudes about your menstrual experience that you need to discard?
- Are there fears you need to address?
- Are there products you need to dispose of?
- Do you need answers to questions, or understanding about your own experience (or that of your daughter)?
- Do you hate your cycle?
- Are there taboos you want to break?
- Do you want more from your menstrual experience than you have but are unsure how to make it happen?
- Is there something you’ve always wanted to try…to do…but haven’t?
Let go of the old and embrace the new.
There’s a bright new world out there, period wise.
Let 2013 be the year that launches you into that new world of discovery, better health, peace of mind, menstruation appreciation, self awareness, and cycle embracing fulfillment.